- Field of view: 2.4mm x 1.5mm (3.6m2)
- Uses brightfield inverted microscopy
- Weighs only 0.5kg (1.1lb) so is fully portable
- No calibration by the user is needed for the device to operate
- Dimensions 133 x 90 x 100mm (w x d x h)
- 50Gb of cloud storage (Microsoft Azure) is provided – sufficient for 500,000 analysed images
- Magnification is equal to a microscope with a 10x and 20x zoom lens
- Image size: 1280 x 720 pixels
- Operating conditions: 5 - 40°C, 20 – 95% humidity
- Comes complete with laptop
- Light source: LED
- Camera 5MP CMOS
CytoSMART are currently offering a grant, allowing eligible students and researchers to apply to use a live-cell imaging device for up to 18 months. Applications close 12/02/21. Learn more here.
A compact, inverted mini-microscope, CytoSMART™ Lux2 makes brightfield live-cell imaging easy and affordable. It is used for confluence and assay experiments in many different types of laboratories, such as:
- Pharmacological research
- Regenerative medicine
- Tissue engineering
- Routine cell culture
Set-up is straightforward and only a little training is needed. As well as being a cost-effective analytical tool bringing live cell imaging to every lab, it is perfect for use in a Whitley Hypoxystation.
Being able to carry out live cell imaging in physiologically relevant conditions assures that cells are not being stressed or damaged and that the introduction of atmospheric oxygen does not affect experimental results.
A Whitley Hypoxystation provides accurate, stable, repeatable control of temperature, oxygen, carbon dioxide and relative humidity. CytoSMART Lux 2 can be used inside the Hypoxystation, so enabling you to view your cells whilst they remain in optimum conditions. Tight control of environmental parameters is one of the most critical factors determining the success or failure of live cell imaging experiments.
Easy Data Storage
CytoSMART™ Lux2 can be set to record images at specific intervals (between 5 – 60 minutes) for minutes, hours and days. In fact, it is one of the few systems that can run for weeks!
Recorded images are sent to CytoSMART™ Cloud, where they can be retrieved, selecting the appropriate image analysis algorithms, such as confluence detection. The image analysis data is represented in the images as well as graphically in a dashboard. Additionally, alerts can be set for confluency, which means you will receive an automatic notification once your cell culture has reached a certain confluency and is ready for splitting or for use in further experiments.
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CytoSMART™ Cloud data storage and cloud-based image analysis allows you to access your recording and view the cell culture in almost real-time from anywhere. You can also download data such as images and time-lapse video for further processing on a PC, laptop, mobile or tablet.
CytoSMART™ Lux2 can image cells cultured in a wide range of culture vessels, including T-flasks, Petri dishes, multi-well plates, culture slides and microfluidic chips. For large culture flasks, an optional plate can be obtained for more stable positioning.
CytoSMART™ Lux2’s cloud-based solution provides you with access to the following applications whenever and wherever you need them:
- Monitor cell division
- Monitor cell growth and confluence
- Analyse cell migration and wound healing (scratch assays)
- Monitor colony formulation
- Time lapse imaging
- Study chemotaxis
- Study cells cultured inside microfluidic devices
- Study stem cell differentiation
- Cell culture QC