Location: Shipley, West Yorkshire
Salary: £competitive + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Don Whitley Scientific has an exciting and ambitious programme of new product development projects for the foreseeable future. We have decided to increase the number of product development staff in order to accelerate the rate at which we introduce new products, options and accessories – and to continue to provide excellent technical support to our service department and our overseas distributors.
For this new role we are looking for a team player with a background in software engineering, hardware engineering and new product development within a manufacturing company.
We are looking to employ an individual with attributes drawn from the following list to further strengthen our existing product development department:
- A broad engineering background with a bias towards electrical, electronic and software engineering;
- Software writing and computer programming capabilities;
- Adequate competence in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- A proven track record of successful product development activities within a manufacturing company
- Excellent English language communication skills, written and oral.
- A competent user of an industry-standard 3D modelling software package. We use AutoDesk Inventor and appropriate application-specific training will be provided;
- Some appreciation of Installation, Operation and Performance Qualification (IQOQPQ) procedures and paperwork;
- Some understanding of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR);
- Experience of troubleshooting technical problems nationally and internationally;
- Any specialist abilities and experience in the following areas: mechanical engineering, schematic and plumbing layouts, design of pneumatic systems, design of temperature control, gas control and humidity control systems, knowledge of materials and industrial processes;
- Any foreign language skills.
A UK driving licence will be required. Some national and international travel will be required.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this new position, please pass on the link to this item and ask them to send a CV through to Evan Kitsell, Design Director at email@example.com.