UniVerse™ is a high-throughput automation system that automatically aliquots samples received in the laboratory prior to molecular diagnostic testing. The automation of this pre-analytical step consolidates, integrates, and standardizes the subsequent molecular analysis. Compatible with any molecular platform, UniVerse™ manages multiple liquid protocols, boosting a lab’s productivity to 130 tubes/hour or 220 96-well plate samples/hour.
UniVerse™’s core is the three independent robotic arms managing containers de-capping and re-capping and pipetting and aliquoting from primary tube to secondary tube or deep well plates. Also integrated with the module are an automatic and customizable vortexing protocol, a barcode scan, and a secondary tube or plate labeling system. All these operations are performed granting maximum safety for the operator, thanks to the laminar BLS2 flow hood. UniVerse™ operates in four different modes:
- Tube to tube
- Tube to plate
- Pooling samples from different tubes to one secondary tube
- Pooling samples from different tubes to one plate well
UniVerse™ can take care of a wide variety of assay preparations including: respiratory, gastrointestinal, hospital-acquired infections, SARS-CoV-2, HPV and STI screening.
- Pairs perfectly with every downstream molecular biology platform
- Boosts productivity to 130x tubes/hour or 220x 96 well plate samples/hour
- Automated de-capping, re-capping, pipetting and aliquoting
- Maximum safety with laminar BLS2 flow hood
- Accommodates wide variety of assay preparations