UniVerse™ is a high-throughput automation system that automatically aliquots samples received in the laboratory prior to molecular diagnostic testing. The automation of this pre-analytical step consolidates, integrates, and standardises the subsequent molecular analysis. Compatible with any molecular platform, UniVerse™ manages multiple liquid protocols, boosting a laboratory’s productivity to 130 tubes per hour or 220 x 96-well plate samples per hour.
At UniVerse™’s core are three independent robotic arms that manage containers, de-capping, re-capping, pipetting and aliquoting from primary tubes to secondary tubes or deep well plates. Also integrated within the module are an automatic and customisable vortexing protocol, a barcode scanner, and a secondary tube or plate labelling system. All these operations are performed whilst ensuring maximum operator safety due to the laminar BLS2 flow hood. UniVerse™ operates in four different modes:
- Tube to tube
- Tube to plate
- Pooling samples from different tubes to one secondary tube
- Pooling samples from different tubes to one plate well
UniVerse™ can take care of a wide variety of assay preparations including: respiratory, gastrointestinal, hospital-acquired infections, SARS-CoV-2, HPV, and STI screening.
UniVerse is a registered trademark owned by Copan.
- Pairs perfectly with every downstream molecular biology platform
- Boosts productivity to 130 x tubes per hour or 220 x 96 well plate samples per hour
- Automated de-capping, re-capping, pipetting and aliquoting
- User safety maximised due to laminar BLS2 flow hood
- Accommodates a wide variety of assay preparations.