Whitley M85 Workstation
The M85 variable atmosphere workstation is a 4-gas system with built-in oxygen, carbon dioxide and hydrogen sensors. This is an extremely flexible system as it allows users to programme precise gas concentrations and use the workstation with anoxic/anaerobic, microaerobic or hypoxic atmospheres without the need to change incoming gases.
Whitley M Range Workstations were originally designed for the study and isolation of microaerophilic organisms such as Campylobacter spp, Helicobacter pylori and other similarly fastidious organisms. Due to the flexibility of the atmospheric control (from 0% to 20% oxygen), these systems are now widely used for both microbiology and cell culture applications.
The large 36 litre airlock with powered internal door provides effective sample and equipment transfer in the fastest possible time whilst ensuring the minimum amount of oxygen is introduced into the chamber. Two oval ports enable you to work gloved or bare handed.
This workstation can also be specified with the Whitley HEPA Filtration System.
A range of optional accessories, such as data logging, motorised adjustable height trolley, and cable glands are available to tailor this workstation to your particular requirements.
- Each porthole also acts as a mini-airlock so you can transfer up to 10 plates each time you insert or withdraw your arms, so reducing airlock cycles and gas usage.
- Chamber accommodates between 540 - 610 x 90mm Petri dishes.
- Colour, touch-screen control panel for ease of use and for visual display of parameters such as temperature, humidity, and airlock cycle status.
- Optional refrigeration unit available if you are working with organisms that need low temperature incubation or storage conditions.
- Reminder to perform calibration can be set for between 7 and 21 days.
- Automatic commissioning cycle to save you time and resources.