The Whitley M155 HEPA Workstation is a 4-gas system that provides a huge working capacity when there is a need to process, culture and examine samples in a sustainable, variable atmosphere environment. It has built-in oxygen, carbon dioxide and hydrogen sensors. This allows users to programme precise gas concentrations, which is perfect for manipulating samples in a sustainable environment. The Whitley M Range of workstations provide the most flexibility of any models in the Don Whitley Scientific range; allowing anoxic/anaerobic, microaerobic or hypoxic atmospheres to be created if desired without the need to change incoming gases.
M Range Workstations were originally designed for the study and isolation of microaerophilic organisms such as Campylobacter spp, Helicobacter pylori and other similarly fastidious organisms. However, due to the flexibility of the atmospheric control (from 0% to 20% oxygen), these systems are widely used for both microbiology and cell culture applications.
The M155 HEPA has two removable fronts and two airlocks (one on the left and one on the right), allowing two people to work easily side-by-side in this chamber, in the same environmental conditions.
This workstation has a capacity of 1,800 litres and can accommodate a variety of laboratory equipment, eg cell sorters, colony pickers, high throughput bioreactors, microscopes and spiral platers, such as the Whitley WASP Touch. DWS also offers two optional cooling methods for this workstation. A Refrigeration System could be useful if you are working with organisms that need low temperature incubation. Alternatively, the Heat Removal System allows the workstation to maintain ambient temperatures at all times.
The M155 HEPA is fitted with the unique Whitley Internal HEPA Filtration System. All the atmosphere passes through the filter hundreds of times an hour, which ensures the chamber environment is cleaned quickly.
Optional accessories such as cable glands, storage trays, and data logging are available to tailor this workstation to your requirements.
- Four patented oval ports enable you to work comfortably, gloved or bare handed. With two sets of ports, two researchers can work in the chamber side-by-side.
- Rather than use off-the-shelf HEPA filters, DWS has worked with one of the world's leading filter manufacturers to develop a filter specifically tailored to suit this workstation.
- Levels of atmospheric cleanliness inside the workstation exceeds the requirements of ISO 14644 Class 3 (equivalent to Class 1 of the US Fed Std 209E Cleanroom Standards and exceeds the particle counts attained at rest’ (without an operator) of Grade A as set out in the GMP Guidelines). We can provide test results confirming particulate levels inside the workstation.
- Fitted with a fan that circulates the internal atmosphere continuously - contributing to even temperature distribution and ensuring any internal particulate will be in motion.
- Two removable fronts to enable the transfer of larger batches of samples or pieces of equipment for use inside the chamber.
- Colour, touch screen control panel for ease of use and for visual display of parameters such as temperature, humidity and airlock cycle status.
- Other options to tailor the workstation to your requirements include: front loading single sample entry system; cable glands; shelves and data logging.