The Whitley A55 provides a huge working capacity when there is a need to easily process, culture and examine samples without exposure to atmospheric oxygen. This workstation has two airlocks (one on the left and one on the right) and provides the ability to manipulate samples in a sustainable environment where parameters can be altered to create the required conditions.
With the A55 you have a choice of port configurations; for example you can have four instant access portholes that allow entry to the chamber in seconds without the need for gloves or sleeves or you can have one set of these ports and one set of sleeved ports.
With two sets of ports, two people can easily work side-by-side in this chamber, in the same environmental conditions. This is ideal for training situations or for labs with a high throughput.
The HEPA filtered version of the A55 is fitted with the unique Whitley Internal HEPA Filtration System. All the atmosphere passes through the filter hundreds of times an hour, which ensures the chamber environment is cleaned quickly, providing levels of atmospheric cleanliness inside the workstation that exceed the requirements of ISO 14644 Class 3..
- Five different sleeveless/sleeved port configurations.
- Single plate entry system
- Data logging capability
- Internal electrical sockets
If you want to be able to operate your workstation with two different temperature levels, specify the dual temperature option. This provides a central divider between the workstation chambers allowing you to select different temperatures for each side. A manually operated sliding door between the two chambers allows samples to be passed from one area into the other.
This workstation can also be purchased as a 3-gas system (TG), which runs from separate cylinders of nitrogen, hydrogen and carbon dioxide. This version is particularly interesting if you need to reduce costs to a minimum so please ask about the Whitley A55TG Workstation.
Sample manipulation within a secure anaerobic environment is now as easy as working aerobically at the laboratory bench.
- Accommodates between 1,080 and 1,200 x 90mm Petri dishes (depending on whether plate carriers are used and which accessories and system options have been incorporated).
- Removable front as standard on the right hand half of the unit to facilitate the transfer of bulk samples or larger pieces of equipment for use inside the workstation.
- Two rapid airlocks each have a 40 Petri dish capacity and allow samples to be introduced and withdrawn at either end of the workstation offering maximum flexibility and improving the workflow in your laboratory. Both airlocks can be operated at the same time.
- Colour, touchscreen control panel for ease of use and for visual display of parameters such as temperature, humidity, and airlock cycle status.
- Ethernet-enabled for remote access to touchscreen.
- Comes complete with custom-designed trolley.
- Optional conventional, oval, sleeved ports or a mixture of oval and instant access ports.
- Automatic commissioning cycle to save you time and resources.
We have had a MAC1000 Anaerobic Workstation since 2001 and have always been very pleased with its trouble free operation. This and the excellent response we always got from Don Whitley if we did have...... Read More
Royal Stoke University Hospital