The CytoSMART Omni is a plate/flask scanner with digital phase contrast and provides live imaging for high-throughput experiments. This product provides time-lapse imaging, allowing you to pinpoint important events throughout an experiment. Data can be collected by video monitoring, which allows the user to compare points during an experiment and even between separate experiments. The CytoSMART Omni is compatible with any transparent culture vessel that is lower than 55mm, allowing imaging of full plates, flasks, dishes and microfluidic devices.
Applications for the CytoSMART Omni include:
- Clonogenic assay, which monitors colony growth over time
- Wound healing assay, which analyses collective cell migration
- Cell confluence, which gives a real-time insight into cell confluence
- Cell culture monitoring, which follows the progression of your cultures using video and a notification system.
To achieve optimum live-cell imaging, it is imperative to have environmental control throughout the experiment. The Omni has smooth curvatures to ensure minimal airflow disturbance, which helps maintain a homogenous environment for the cells. The desired cellular environment can be achieved with a Whitley Hypoxystation, and due to the compact size of the CytoSMART Omni, it will fit perfectly inside a Hypoxystation.
- Dimensions: 396mm x 345mm x 171mm
- Weight: 9kg
- Well plate types: 6-384 well plates
- Light source: LED
- Camera: 6.4 MP CMOS
- Scan area: 99mm x 131mm
- Vessels: Any with a surface area smaller than 99x131mm (including 6-384-well plates, T-25 – T225, Petri dishes, triple flasks, and HYPERFlasks)