To commemorate World Environment Day 2022, we wanted to acknowledge and celebrate our efforts to obtain the ISO 14001 accreditation and ongoing efforts to reduce our carbon footprint.
ISO 14001 is the international standard for environmental management systems (EMS) and the most widely used EMS in the world, with over 360,000 ISO 14001 certificates issued globally. ISO 14001 is the principal management system standard that specifies the requirements for the formulation and maintenance of an EMS. It provides equal benefits for businesses of all sizes. It is a world-class management system for the business and will reduce our environmental impact – giving us greater commercial opportunities now and in the future.
DWS obtained accreditation to the 14001 Standard on 20 November 2020 after an extensive audit. Following successful completion of the certification, DWS launched a programme of improvements within the company. DWS has a comprehensive environmental plan in place running alongside its environmental objectives and we are currently participating in reducing our carbon footprint through various opportunities and to date have made improvements shown below:
- More recyclable packaging and replacing all paper with recyclable
- Provide staff with sustainable clothing
- Recyclable giveaway bags for exhibitions
- Reusable water bottles as customer gifts
- Recycle the bubble wrap
- Reduction of paper consumption by using USB sticks for manuals and product information
- Carbon offsetting by tree planting
- Reduction of paper and cost by emailing documentation, including certificates, manuals
- Purchasing 4 electric vehicles
For the company this is an ongoing accreditation process and we are constantly looking at our environmental impact and improvements in order to provide a committed and consistent programme for the future and to assist the Government’s objective of achieving net zero by 2050.